- EHS Officer
- Health and Safety, Environmental Engineering
- Simpang Ampat
- October 10, 2019
- October 10, 2019
- December 10, 2019
The EHS officer will serve as the lead of the EHS related activities and program. This includes develop, implement and manage all EHS procedures and programs in accordance with regulatory and corporate EHS requirements to maintain a safe and healthy work environment. Besides, responsible to overall company’s Environment, Health and Safety related issues by managing and providing guidance, training and development to the teams.
- Advise all levels of people on EHS matters.
- Provide environmental and safety expertise to organizations in areas such as: environmental compliance reporting, ergonomics, electrical safety, machine guarding, confined space entry, lock-out/tag-out, etc.
- Conduct interviews and investigations whenever near miss, incident or accident happen, prepare the investigation report, suggestion and implement prevention action.
- Coordinate environmental plans and ensure compliance with programs such as air quality, hazardous materials plans, pollution prevention and spill plans including program training.
- Coordinate internal on-site audits/site inspections/training to ensure compliance with local government and company requirement.
- Manage emergency response capabilities- train and guide ERT team.
- Manage and maintain all safety systems such as fire system, plant security, parking etc.
- Work with facilities to assist with continuous improvement initiatives including addressing ergonomic issues.
- Review and interpret new and proposed regulations for applicability, develop associated implementation and training programs and procedures.
- Conduct safety toolbox meeting and EHS Committee meeting with the meeting minutes.
- Managed and handling schedule waste and ensure compliance with the regulations. Ensure chemical storage and handling is in the right procedure and safe.
- Prepare and updating HIRARC documents (Hazard Identification, Risk Assessment and Risk Control) for all the operational processes.
- Construct and maintain the Safety labels/signage is sufficient at the plant, processes and machineries.
- Ensure and manage MSDS procedures is fulfil the regulation requirement.
- Point of contract with regulating bodies such as DOSH, DOE and BOMBA and ensure the compliance of PMA/PMT, Schedule Waster and Fire Certificate is up to date.
- Maintain and keep ESH data up-to-date at the system and record.
- Take care for PPE stock level, distribution and record.
- Conduct environmental safety and health training to increase the awareness include orientation for newly join employees.
- Candidate must possess at least a Diploma, or Bachelor’s Degree, in Health & Safety, Environmental Engineering, Safety Engineering, Industrial Engineering or equivalent.
- Required language(s): Bahasa Malaysia, English
- At least 2 year(s) of EHS working experience in an industrial manufacturing organization with managing world –class safety processes and systems.
- Knowledge of environmental, health and safety regulations; advanced comprehension of the DOSH, DOE, Fire Systems Standards for General Industry.