- Product Design Engineer/Senior Engineer (Mechanical)
- August 28, 2019
- December 6, 2019
- February 28, 2020
- Design and develop new products (NPD) as required and carry out the assigned projects using project management tool and gate reviews with cross-functional team.
- Initiate continuous product improvement (CPI) for the existing products range through VA/VE analysis and competitive analysis
- Creates engineering drawings and shop drawings using Creo 3D CAD tool.
- Develop, prepare and maintain engineering data documentation as required, including CAD drawings, BOM, costing data, technical construction files, design calculations, bills of materials, technical specifications, product manual, marketing literature, test data etc.
- Build prototypes, products, and systems for testing and validation.
- Responsible for tooling and machine acquisition when necessary.
- Assist in key component/ material sourcing.
- Support other departments where required on issues of a technical nature, material specifications and manufacturing processes.
- Travel occasionally is required within national and international coverage to provide technical support to field or customers.
- Ensure that products meet all mandatory legislation and safety standards
- Execute engineering changes by ECN process and liaison with other departments on the change effect areas.
- Supervise a small group of engineers.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s Degree in Mechanical/Mechatronics Engineering.
- Minimum 3 to 5 years in product design engineering, Machine or Automation Design role within a manufacturing environment.
- Good working knowledge of Pro/Engineer, Creo, Solidworks or AutoCad design software.
- Knowledge of mechanical/engineering analysis tools will be an added advantage.
- Good presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently.
- Meticulous, strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Good command in English, Malay and Mandarin.