- Purchasing Manager
- August 29, 2019
- August 29, 2019
- February 29, 2020
- Develop and execute long-term supply strategy deployment, supplier cost modelling, supplier opportunity assessments, supplier financial analysis, negotiations, long-term contract establishment, continuous supplier performance improvement, and supplier relationship development.
- Negotiate the best-n class price, payment terms, quality levels, and delivery terms for purchased products in compliance with corporate objectives
- Coordinate and support on-site supplier assessment/certification audits and continuous improvement activities that drive down total cost and increase total supplier quality.
- Identify new and alternate sources of supply as necessary to support new product development, cost reduction requirements and supplier performance issues.
- Evaluate medium to long-term supplier capabilities in an effort to optimize the commodity supply base in support of supplier reduction goals and objectives.
- Perform all necessary duties to support corporate goals as they relate to established supplier quality, total landed cost and inventory objectives.
- Maintain a solid working knowledge of essential commodity trends including: industry trends, cost drivers, global pricing, material lead time, and technical/manufacturing processes.
- Lead cross-functional teams to drive global supply chain enhancements.
- Participate in the make vs. buy analysis and make recommendations based on corporate objectives.
- At least Bachelor’s degree in Business Studies/Administration/Management Logistics, or Industrial Engineering
- Candidate must be from a company that have at least USD 100 million turn over per year in steel & hardware industry.
- At least 5 years of working experience in multinational company & steel purchase
- Excellent negotiation and analytical skills
- Effective communicator with strong interpersonal skills and the ability to collaborate with a diverse internal team, executive leadership and suppliers.
- Knowledgeable in steel & plastic
- Good understanding of agriculture & steel industries.
- Willingness to travel up to 75% of the time, both domestically & internationally.