Chain Disk feed delivery systems have the flexibility to adapt to all types of swine production facilities and the ability to overcome the performance and reliability constraints of other systems.
Today’s complex feeding programs for farrowing, nursery and finishing units, demand complete flexibility in feed delivery. Twisting and turning through multiple farrowing rooms while delivering feed to AP’s Farrowing Drop Feeders present no challenge to the AP Chain Disk Feed Delivery System. High capacities at long distances with multiple turns, and the ultimate in dependable recirculating systems, is what it was designed for.
Our goal is to work hand-in-hand with today’s producer to provide feeding equipment needed to adapt to our rapidly changing technologies for years to come.
Chain Disk is ideally suited to delivering feed to multiple farrowing rooms, individual sow stalls, electronic sow feed systems and the high volume demands of large finishing facilities.
Clear Corner Housings
- Clear corner housings provide visual confirmation the system is properly operating at all times.
- The patent pending pivoting wiper insures that feed does not accumulate in the center of the corner housing.
- Special corner units are available for inclined or vertical installation.
- Corners have a tight radius allowing the system to turn 180° in a 24″ space.
- A cast iron wheel gently guides the chain through the corner.
- A sealed ball bearing will provide years of trouble free service.
Chain Disk Tubing
Chain Disk is available with three styles of conveyor tubes to meet the requirements of every application.
- PVC Tube: Corrosion free, quick and easy to install, ideal for farrowing and other low volume applications
- Welded Steel Tube: Ideal for high volume applications like finishing and electronic sow feeding
A tube mounted sensor will shut down the system when feed returns to the inlet hopper indicating that all feeders have been filled. Chain Disk’s sensor design eliminates the challenges caused by empty farrowing or nursery rooms and eliminates the task of correctly position gestation facilities to keep the feed sows in your breeding and system operating correctly.
Durable, low, friction nylon disks injection molded onto hardened steel chain provide years of trouble free service eliminating the maintenance and down time.
Chain Disk Controller
The Chain Disk Controller enables the feeding system to be programmed to operate how and when you want and constantly monitors the system to insure proper operation. Drive unit motor current is constantly monitored to insure that the system is not overloaded. When amp draw spikes, the Flex-Flo fill system is temporarily shut down by the controller until the drive unit motor amp draw decreases and normal operation resumes. A programmable maximum run timer will shut down the Chain Disk and Flex-Flo system uncontinuously for an excessive amount of time indicating that bin is empty or a costly feed spill is occurring.